Mineral Wells, TX asked in Traffic Tickets for Texas

Q: How to take care of a bench warrant for traffic citation when I live across country.

I got a traffic citation for speeding in Michigan 2 years ago and never paid it and a bench warrant is issued. I currently living across the country in Texas now. A friend had said it got taken care of and never worried about it again til I tried to get my license down here in Texas. I called the county that the traffic citation was issued in and they said I had to take care of it in person and turn myself in. But a officer her works for that county said I should be able to take care of it over the phone and pay it. Which isn't an issue at all. How am I able to fix it being all the way across the country and no way to get up to Michigan to take care of it. Thank u

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Grant St Julian III
Grant St Julian III
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Contact an attorney in the county where the warrant is pending. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.