Aurora, CO asked in Traffic Tickets for Colorado

Q: I got a ticket near Denver, but I lost the paper ticket and don't know what court issued. How can I find it?

I got a ticket in Centennial, CO and I lost the paper ticket. I checked their online database and they don't have an citations for me. I have no idea what jurisdiction issued the ticket, I tried Douglas County Sheriff and Lone Tree and nothing. How can I find out who issued the ticket so I can take care of it and not get a warrant?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian K. McHugh
Brian K. McHugh
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Littleton, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: If you were issued the ticket within the Centennial city limits (that can be determined by an online search for a map of the boundary lines of Centennial), then the ticket was filed either with the Arapahoe County Court or, more likely, if it was a minor traffic violation, the City of Centennial Municipal Court. The contact telephone numbers for both those courts can be found online.

Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.