Trumbull, CT asked in Real Estate Law for Connecticut

Q: My mom and died 8 months apart, the House was in both their names. My mom hand wrote a will specifying my brothers

Could live in home as long as they want, then sisters,also heirs could sell house. It’s going through probate, now the state of Connecticut sees three heirs that owe money, $80,000,14,000,,12,000,they told my brother they want house sold to get the money. What can we do to avoid paying these state creditor. One sister received state benefits for his children because father refused to pay, the same for other sister. Brother had breakdownso he got sick. Both brothers are broke and live in house for over 25 years.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Your problem lies with filing for Probate. That was not required. Hire a competent attorney to see if the Probate Proceeding can be Dismissed, which is doubtful.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.