Springdale, AR asked in Divorce for Arkansas

Q: What if I want to file divorce but my husband wont move out of our home in Arkansas?

We have two children and I will be keeping the home. I can't uproot the children and cause them more trauma to get our 30 day separation but my husband isn't taking me seriously when I tell him to move out. His family doesn't want to get involved, but I can't get him to move out of the house.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Don Spears
Don Spears
  • Benton, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: You do not have to live separate and apart ,in the literal sense , to file for divorce but separate and apart as not being husband and wife ie no sex ,separate bedrooms etc etc. The real issue is, are you safe?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.