Atmore, AL asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Florida

Q: I have an open dcf case that isnt going good in florida and im pregnant again. My case worker is agaisnt me big time,

Im ready to throw in the towel and give my rights up to my current dcf case ( family first network ), meanwhile me and my current boyfriend live together and thats who im pregnant for now. I want to know if theres a way to give my rights up to him to the baby im carrying now at the hospital without a case worker getting their hands on the baby. Im willing to move out of our home if need be as long as the child can go to the father. He is clean, has job, house, no criminal record, ect. How can they take the unborn child from the father if he has nothing against him? Would our relationship get in the way?

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Ask your public defender these questions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.