Wethersfield, CT asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Connecticut

Q: How Do I File A Patent ? How Do I Pay For One ? Where Do I Sell It ? A Big Company ? InventHelp ?

I Have Ideas For Three Inventions And Would Like To Patent Them And Sell The Patent . Any Help Would Be Great . Thank You .

1 Lawyer Answer
John B. Hudak
John B. Hudak
  • Patents Lawyer
  • Milford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Obtaining a patent starts will considering the likelihood the idea can obtain a patent and submitting a patent application, if the chances of gaining a patent are considered worth the investment. A patent attorney can help with these steps. Patent attorneys can be found on Justia. Many patent attorneys will give free phone consultations to explain the process, so calling patent attorneys is a common first step.

Gaining money from a patent is a different issue. Profiting from the patent can be done in more than one way, some examples are: (a) selling the rights to the patent; (b) licensing the rights to the patent; or (c) creating a company and using the patent in that company. There are smaller consulting groups that can help with developing business plans and submitting the idea to others. A patent attorney can direct the patent owner to some of these smaller consulting groups. Other patent attorneys work in the area of small business, in addition to patent applications, and can help with the process of starting a business or selling the patent, which can include setting up a business entity or drafting contracts for licensing agreements.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.