Ottumwa, IA asked in Business Law for Missouri

Q: Me and my business partner had a disagreement. And he told me that I was out and he was taking control of company?

I want him to buy out my 50% of the company the name and the reputation I worked very very hard to build! He brought no knowledge or anything except himself and half the money for ins. The tools purchased he payed for his I paid for mine only couple things were purchased thru company or with company funds! I just want to sell him my part of the company and walk away!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Your formative documents control. Have an attorney review them.

Unless you and your business partner come to agreement you’ll spend a lot litigating.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.