Fort Lauderdale, FL asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Tennessee

Q: What does my boyfriend do now that he has a court date for Marijuana possession less than a gram?

We live in FL. We were traveling to TN and got pulled over. Now my boyfriend has to go to court which the officer said he can just have a lawyer present for him so he doesnt have to travel all the way up there. What would the cost of a lawyer be and this would be his first offense in TN. What would he most likely get. What is the best thing to do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: He needs to hire a competent attorney to get it Diverted, Dismissed, then Expunged. A permanent drug conviction will ruin his life.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.