Maryville, MO asked in Child Custody and Divorce for Missouri

Q: We are married but separated (Missouri). Can he keep me from seeing my kid until we finish custody agreement??

He's had our son for a month without letting me have any sort of contact with him(he's 1) I haven't gotten any updates. My husband told me he moved 45 miles away from me but gave me no address. I've tried calling him and his family multiple times with no answer from anyone. Can he keep me from seeing him until we get a parenting plan and custody agreement? How do I go about seeing my son

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neil Smith
Neil Smith
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Clayton, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Is your case pending? If so, he may have violated a local rule by relocating without providing you an address. If your case is pending you can file a temporary/PDL motion to get custody while your case is pending.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.