Denver, CO asked in Contracts and Construction Law for Colorado

Q: Can I be sued By a contractor, as a old manager of a company that is now dissolved, and a job done 2 years ago?

I used to be a manager for a Construction company, and they’re trying to sue me cause I was their point of contact, for damages that happened, the job was done 2 years ago. And they contacted me 2 months ago, and didn’t ask if we could fix it or anything just plain out wants to charge me. Also the law firm and them, have the name of the company registered wrong, on their sheets and emails, should I forget about this matter, and let them be?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Donald C Eby
Donald C Eby
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You can be sued, although it seems that you have a strong defense so the suit is unlikely to be successful. Nevertheless, if you are served a Complaint you must answer to avoid a default judgement being entered against you.

If you get served you should contact an attorney to respond on your behalf. Other than that it is not your problem if they have the company misidentified on their docs.

Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.