Jonesboro, GA asked in Car Accidents and Small Claims for Georgia

Q: Can I sue my auto detailer for the damage he caused on my vehicle?

I hired a auto detailer back in February and received interior steaming service to my 2014 Toyota Tundra. After the service got completed, I asked the guy if I would need to open windows of the vehicle making sure the seats and carpet get dried completely. He told me it was not necessary. Therefore, I parked my truck beside my house up until one day in April, I opened the door and found massive molds building up inside vehicle around carpet and seats. I contacted the detailer and explained the issue and set the appointment for him to come and fix the problem. He never showed up and no call. I gave him two more opportunities by resetting the appointments but still no show and no call. I filed the small claim lawsuit but my case got rejected by the court because I did not have his physical business location or even his personal location address. Nowhere in his website and social media, I can find the address. I only have phone number and zip code of his business.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: if you have comprehensive that may cover the cost of remediation. If you paid him by credit card you should be able to get some more information. The zip code should allow you to figure if he's registered as a busienss. And yes, there are phone books.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.