Chicago, IL asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Illinois

Q: Hi there I’m a minor and was wondering what I could get charged for soliciting with a prostitute!

Supposedly the sheriff/court called me to inform me that my number was on a prostitutes phone and that they want to take me to court! So now I’m scared cause I don’t want to go to jail for something I didn’t really do! Either way if I did do it it would’ve been because of my horomones and so many kids go through it! But I’m just wondering what are the charges if they succeed! And if you can help me bring my mind to ease!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Juan Ooink
Juan Ooink
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Bolingbrook, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: The charges all depend on the information they have and what they want to do. You or your parents need to hire a criminal defense attorney to assist you with this matter right away. DO NOT speak with the police until you hire an attorney. The sooner you hire an attorney, the better.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.