Vacaville, CA asked in Probate for Ohio

Q: My grandmother died and I received notice of probate of will. I am checked as a legatee or devisee named in the will.

The case is now closed and I have never heard anything else should I do something?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mary Ellen Leslie Esq.
Mary Ellen Leslie Esq.
  • Probate Lawyer
  • New Albany, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: I suggest that you call the attorney for the estate. You might be able to access the estate file on the website of the Probate Court where the estate was filed. You should have received notice of virtually everything that was filed, including the final account and fiduciary's report.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.