Clementon, NJ asked in Traffic Tickets for New Jersey

Q: I want to ask for a motion to dismiss in anticipation of subrosa subject matter jurisdictional discrepancy. On a lonely

Road near my home I was stopped for having one of my two license plate lights out(I didn't even know I had two).

Being a lifelong passive good citizen I reluctantly agreed with my insurance company to put the card on my phone.

When I couldn't find it right away the officer gave me 39:6B-2.

All this so the insurance company can save a stamp?

Plus you could still see my whole plate with 1 light , which all cars used to have, I 'm in my late 100's , I should know.

Plus, plus, I know from a detective in another jurisdiction, they read plates electronically with the computer and he knew I had insurance before he got out of his cruiser.

"Can we talk?" -Joan Rivers

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Most police cars don't have a license plate scanners in them and the officer needs to manually look everything up. Generally an officer will not know that you don't have insurance until after an extended period of time and you get suspended from Motor Vehicle Commission. Thus it is very possible that the officer does not know that you have insurance and issued the ticket.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.