Catawba, NC asked in Medical Malpractice for North Carolina

Q: I was prescribed Ativan (Lorazepam) for 3 years. This drug is for short term use. I was found in my home unresponsive.

I ended up in two separate mental health facilities. I was hit in the head by another patient at the second facility. A police report was filed, although I never got the opportunity to speak with the police. My husband had to threaten to contact the news to be able to see me. I want to sue the doctors' offices that prescribed the Ativan, as well as the mental health facility where I was hit. I need an attorney.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal. This is something that a North Carolina attorney could advise best on, but your post remains open for two weeks. A first step here might be to reach out to an attorney to discuss the matter in detail. If they felt you might have a good basis for a case(s), they could request your records and review them with a medical professional. Most attorneys who handle such cases offer free initial consults. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.