Canon City, CO asked in Social Security for Colorado

Q: What form would I use in order to appeal a partial plate favorable decision from the judge?

Just wondering what form I will fill out if I filed this appeal? I have been denied originally, had went to the court hearing in front of the judge in which I received a partial favorable decision but would like to appeal that decision. I’m not for sure what form I would use on this and is it considered an actual appeal or reconsideration at the stage? Thank you so much

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Susan Michele Schaefer
Susan Michele Schaefer
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Prattville, AL

A: If you are appealing a decision made by an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ), you must request review by the Appeals Council (AC) within 60 days after you receive the notice of the ALJ decision. The notice letter you received from Social Security should have information about filing an appeal. For more information about filing an appeal, follow this link at You can also file an appeal by calling Social Security's toll-free number 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or contacting your local Social Security office.

Be aware that there are risks to appealing a partially favorable decision. On appeal, the AC will review your entire claim to determine if the proper decision was made. The Appeals Council may remand the case to the ALJ for another decision, may agree with you and decide an easier onset date is correct, or may disagree and find that the record does not support disability at all. Consult with a disability attorney to discuss your particular cases and the risks involved with regard to an appeal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.