Asked in Personal Injury

Q: I was involved in a physical altercation and I was assaulted which resulted in me sustaining injuries

I was wondering what my options are and how to go about it

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: You should chat with an attorney in your state. Usually an attorney will consult with you on a case like this for free. The answer to your question depends on dozens of questions.

A: One option you have is to make a claim against the person who injured you. I cannot advise you on the details since the question doesn't provide much information. The best advice would be to speak to an attorney near you who is experienced in personal injury claims and has handled assault cases. The attorney would need to know details about who the person was that assaulted you and where and how it occurred. If there was a police report or investigation, or witnesses to the assault that would be important information to review. Were criminal charges brought or did the Police conduct an investigation? There could be others responsible for the injury but without the facts it is impossible for me to really advise you. Examples are persons injured by someone employed by another, a landowner who fails to provide security, a bar that serves a person to intoxication who then assaults another etc. I hope that you recover from your injuries but I would not delay in simply speaking to a local attorney who can tell you the rules in the State in which you reside and can take the time to properly evaluate the details of your incident and injury. I am located in CT and therefore could not provide you with legal advice. I wish you the best in seeking justice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.