Spring Hill, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Maryland

Q: My legal husband will not return my son to me. What can i do?

My Husband and I recently separated, in which i took both my sons ages 3 and 7 with me. We have a child support agreement of which he pays to me. He recently took my sons for visitation and will not return my 3 year old to me. I have contacted a police officer but he stated there was no custody agreement so he does not have to return my son to me. Is there anything that I can do to get my son back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Diana Valle
Diana Valle
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Bethesda, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Yes, you will have to obtain a custody order. I recommend you file a complaint for custody immediately to avoid him establishing a routine with your son.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.