Dallas, TX asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Arkansas

Q: My grandma passed away in 2018 she owned a house and my dad passed away in 2016 so would that mean the house is left to

Me or would it be left to my dads sister cause she’s telling me I need to sign papers so she can sell it this is in the state of Arkansas please help I need to know what I can do and what my options are

1 Lawyer Answer
Vincent Gallo
Vincent Gallo
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • Staten Island, NY

A: Your grandmother’s will shall determines who inherits the real estate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.