Montgomery, AL asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Alabama

Q: I met my husband in California 12yrs ago. 9yrs ago we moved to Alabama where he is from we are getting ready to file

Divorce. I want to take the kids back to

California with me. My husband is telling me that

I am not allowed to take the kids. Can i take my to Ca? I do not have any friends or family in Alabama. All the so called family is his mama brother and sister.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kristine Jones
Kristine Jones
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Hello. It depends. You both can agree on taking them to CA, or try it before the judge and let him/her decide.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.