Buckeye, AZ asked in Child Support and Family Law for Idaho

Q: What should I do if I paid my ex wife child support directly to her bank acct and she opened a case with DES.

She claims I owe over $60k and I have bank statements. What is my beat option. All my taxes go to her and even my stimulus check went to her.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: Your Divorce Decree told you to pay Child Support through "Child Support Receipting." If you had done what the court ordered you to do you would be able to have H&W print out a complete record of your payments. However, because you chose to pay it the way YOU wanted, you will be required to prove every dollar you claim to have ever paid to the mother "as child support." Mother could claim that "yeah sometimes it was for CS but other times it was for extracurricular school costs or for the car I bought for the oldest when she needed to start driving etc.! Moral of the story: there is safety in following court orders. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.