Aurora, CO asked in Landlord - Tenant for Colorado

Q: How do I have a tenant removed from my house with a verbal agreement? It has been 5 years.

Trying to help a friend but she has in the last two weeks destroyed my basement. By having her contractor boyfriend tear out walls, etc...

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Donald C Eby
Donald C Eby
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: It is unlikely that your tenant has the right to destroy our property. You may need to take action like injunctive relief which is quicker than an eviction. Nevertheless, the tenant's actions likely are a breach of her rental agreement, as such you need to provide Legally Sufficient Notice, then if the breach continues you can initiate the eviction process.

I recommend that you contact an attorney to assist you with this or at least help you to ensure that the Notice your provide is legally't don't want to have to go through the process more than once!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.