Colorado Springs, CO asked in Criminal Law, Divorce and Wrongful Death for Colorado

Q: What is the right way for the parents of the victim to approach County DA to claim murder by her cop husband vs suicide?


Private invest results show suspect to have ended his last three marriages with a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, establishing a modus operandi of using his past wives to bankroll personal improvements in his education, motorcycles, houses...all ending in Chapt. 7. E.g. SUS/VIC file bankruptcy Oct 17, 2019, VIC is dead on Oct 21, 2019. Months later, SUS is in Las Vegas with a new victim, engagement within only several months after VIC death. He is heard to say that he could kill her and get away with it. This is a bad cop, no longer in the state of Minnesota—he has gotten away to Nevada. He has a criminal record which may have been removed from his file. A group including her parents and personal friends, in communication with her the day she was killed. Timeline NOT right. Nine months after her “suicide” death, SUS is married again (fifth wife).

1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: If you believe a crime has been committed, then you should report it to the police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.