Dayton, OH asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Nevada

Q: how to filed a appeal to remove a case from court because of legal representation didnt do there job, start from scratc.

I have 6 days to filed and it's a civil case and my proof never was given to the court or did my attorney exchange information with the other attorney. Also my attorney lied and said I was out of country for 2 weeks and cant do any deposition or arbitration of any, and my attorney ask to remove from the case because her cat was sick.. we never been heard at all in this case of 5,000 bed bugs BITES and MSAR @ a hotel we caught from a hotel room for 5 days and waited for the room for 16 hours to get ready.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Columbia, MD

A: If your case was not properly presented because of your trial attorney's missteps and perhaps other related issues, that could be some of your issues on appeal. That is, among your claims for relief before the appellate court, is to have your case remanded to the trial court to hear your side. I am assuming that the trial court found against you on liability of the hotel and damages...

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.