Paducah, KY asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Kentucky

Q: I was rear ended in a mcdonald's drive thru. no injuries. minor damage to the vehicle that needs to be repaired.

I was rear ended in a mcdonald's drive thru. no injuries. minor damage to the vehicle that needs to be repaired. I just bought the vehicle and it was my first ever big purchase in life other than my home. i have insurance. the driver had insurance. the driver's mother is the policy owner and has still yet to call the accident into her insurance. i actually made the call. this is becoming a hassle beyond belief to fix this minor damage. should i just assume a small claims court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Insurance Claims Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Kentucky attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. It's your decision, but if you do go that route, the judge could ask if there is insurance to cover the damages. Unfortunately, this type of situation is common when there are delays in providing carrier with statement. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.