Jerome, ID asked in Criminal Law, Animal / Dog Law and Civil Rights for Idaho

Q: I was evicted from my grandmother's house without a written. I have a 3000$ dog I wasn't able to take so my family gave

Him Away without my consent or anything. I have all the papers on him and proof. The person that has him is trying to charge me a fee for taking care of him and stuff. Is there anything I can do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: You were staying with your grandmother, right? You brought your $3,000 dog with you, right? You did something that caused your grandmother to 86 you, right? But you didn't take your dog. Now grandma is going to feed and water your dog FOR FREE? I don't see that happening. It was very nice of grandma to let you stay with her at all, and she probably didn't enjoy your dog as much as you did. Then you did something that made grandma mad and she evicts you. You could have taken your dog but you didn't. Now you want your grandma to feed and water your dog for free? Why? What about that sounds like a loving grandson to you?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.