Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Idaho Civil Rights Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Civil Rights for Idaho on
Q: In the state of idaho can a minor of age 16 apply for court emancipation?
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on May 3, 2020

Yes. She will need to convince the Court that she has some place to live and some way to support herself and that she’s either got wheels and insurance OR good bus service wherever she (or her baby) needs to go!

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Idaho on
Q: Can someone explain 18 U.S. Code § 2385. To me

What I mean is how can the government get away with this isn't this a huge first amendment violation.

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Apr 16, 2020

The code section is well written and easily understood (to me). What specifically do you not understand?

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Civil Rights for Idaho on
Q: If someone comes uninvited onto my property and let's out my dogs, can I hold them responsible for any damages?

I live in a trailer court that only allows a four foot chain link fence. It is accessible by anyone walking on the sidewalk. I am confident that someone opened my fence on purpose to allow my dogs to get out. While they were out, they killed a neighbors rabbits and although the neighbors... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Feb 16, 2019

Your defense is not good unfortunately. Short of getting a signed confession rom the person who lifted the bar that allowed the dogs to escape, I’m afraid that you’re absolutely 100% liable.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Idaho on
Q: I have been a victim of police-involved sexual misconduct. Do to this happening I have also been retaliated against.

My civil rights were violated when I was illegally searched and arrested. The officer busted my car window out, cut seatbelt off of me with a knife and extracted me out of my car. He and another officer searched inside my pants pockets, my car (including truck & glove compartment). The... Read more »

John Bulger
John Bulger answered on Oct 29, 2018

More information is needed to answer your question. You should contact an attorney to see what your options are.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Idaho on
Q: Can I press charges for my ex choking me if I don’t have any pictures but do have his confession on text?
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Oct 8, 2018

Of course you can. That is, if the officer you reported this to takes your report and immediately forwards this to the Asst. DA. Photos are only one part of a criminal prosecution. But without photos it will be much more difficult to obtain a conviction. Why didn’t you get any photographs?

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Civil Rights for Idaho on
Q: Will taking my ex to court for full while he is away make me look bad?

My ex husband and I have been divorced for over 4 years. But the metal and verbal abused has been still going strong. He has a new girlfriend in the picture and lately he has been trying to give her power of attorney over our kids because he doesn't want me to have them. Even though his being... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on Jun 22, 2018

In order to get full custody, or any change in previous orders for custody you must show the Court that since the time of the last order there have been changes in you, in the father, in the amount of time each spends with the children, violence etc. and those changes in circumstances have to be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Idaho on
Q: Someone has texted me calling me very horrible foul names and has degraded my character and who i am as a person..

This person has attacked my character by texting me hateful things about who i am as a person and falsely accused me of harrassment and did not show up to court when i did to prove my innocence.. i have felt violated and humiliated and attacked.. What can i do about this? It has affected me... Read more »

Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers answered on May 15, 2018

The person who texted you is welcome to say what they think about you, once. They don't commit a crime unless they text you again after texting them to "NEVER TEXT ME AGAIN." If they text you again, they have committed the crime of "disturbing the peace," Idaho Code... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Idaho on
Q: My girlfriends p.o. wants me to take urinary anylisis even though I am not on probation. What are my options?

My girlfriend is on YAC. Which is young adult court. Me and her live together and have been for awhile now. Her p.o. found out I wasn't staying clean because he made her take a lie detector test. Now he wants me to come in and take UAS (urinary anylisis). I am not on probation nor am I in any... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Aug 21, 2015

Your options are very clear from your question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.