Van Nuys, CA asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for California

Q: my Ex bf is accusing me of hacking into his computer and iPhone since we broke up. What do I do?

My ex and I broke up a month ago since then he’s confessed to cheating on me several times and confessed to injecting meth behind my back. He’s tried to get me back but I do not want any part of him. He is now accusing me of hacking into his computer and phone and saying he has proof from Apple support running a diagnostic test saying it leads to my iCloud that was synced to his computer, that I only ever used once to update my resume one time has he watched me. He is saying if I don’t confess to his accusations he’s going to the police. I told him to go ahead because I didn’t do anything wrong. He said that whatever I did to his computer was erased his collection of nudes, I can’t see why that would even be important to the court. And then threatening me if I don’t go over there by a specific time with clean lady parts that he will go to police. My concern is, is that something to get arrested for on the spot or like a small claims case? Do I need to get a lawyer, restraining order?

1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Thanks for your post. IMO, the police are not likely to be very excited that your bf got his collection of nudes erased, unless he is a dealer in fine art. Being a self confessed meth injector kinda points the other way. And go over there "with clean lady parts"?? What does that mean? Sounds like he is trying to coerce you into having sex with him. There is so much in these facts that point to his having drug induced hallucinations that I would not be too worried until the police gave you a call. Small Claims? Remember, he has the burden of proof. Evidence from Apple? As if they don't have better things to do? It sounds like you moved on, this seems to be a good decision, stick by it. Do not go back.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.