San Antonio, TX asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Texas

Q: we were set for mediatrion till i saw the price tag. being a single mother i can not pay the price tag for my lawyer .

what can i do ? i have no legal rep and will not agree to his terms which leave me and the girls homeless

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kelly Case
Kelly Case
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Not possible to answer based on limited information provided. You can try and contact Legal Aid for your county and see if they can step in to help. Or you can try and mediate the case yourself. Fortunately, mediation is a lot less formal than Court and you will know the facts of the case. You can insist that the other party cover some of your attorney's fees to help out. Or you can try and work with your current attorney to find a payment plan arrangement that would work. Or you could seek the assistance of a different attorney. Or you could see if someone would take your case pro bono by reaching out to the Texas State Bar and trying to find help through them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.