Gainesville, TX asked in Child Custody for Texas

Q: Custody havent been able to see child. No contact no phone number no address. Want to see my kid.

My husband has had a on going issuse with getting his son. The mother will not let me have him. She wont return phone calls or texts. I have no idea where she lives or works.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Zubi
Chad Zubi
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Kingwood, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If there is a court order in place regarding the child then an enforcement would be a proper route to take. A Writ of Habeas Corpus can be filed for the purpose of the mother being ordered to hand over the child at a specific place and time if the father has a legal right to have them (pursuant to a court order).

If there is no order in place then a suit affecting the parent child relationship would be appropriate to get court orders in place regarding the child. Without a court order there isn't much that can be done to make one parent hand over a child to the other.

Either way you should seek the counsel of a qualified family attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.