Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Michigan

Q: I live in southern Illinois my daughter lives in Kentucky with her dad can you help me get my rights back to my daughte

She is 14 and cry’s every night cause she hates it there and wants to be with me her mother her dad lives with his parents no job no license he’s a alcoholic and pill head my baby has to take care of her grandmother all the time cause she’s in a wheelchair she can’t be a kid she lives as a adult and it’s not fair plz can you help me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mechelle Woznicki
Mechelle Woznicki
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Portage, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: It sounds like this case might be in a jurisdiction (court) outside of Michigan. If that is the case, you will need an attorney in the state where the court is located that issued the current order.

If it is a Michigan case, I can certainly help. You could schedule a call with me on my website at

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.