Wayne, NJ asked in Education Law for New Jersey

Q: Can a lawyer help with my daughter's college appeal for failing all 6 classes due to a system issue?

Only 1 teacher has agreed to work with my daughter to correct her grade. She was doing well before having to work on-line. She was not aware her teachers were not receiving her assignments and discussions thru the college system Blackboard. She received check-marks and assumed that meant she was successful. When notified something was missing, she resent it thru the system - still not aware her professors were not receiving her work. William Paterson college told us to appeal her grades however none of her teachers, except 1 is willing to cooperate. All funding has been cancelled. My daughter has never failed a class until she attended college. She is a Freshman.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: At this point, you may be better off reaching out to attorneys in the Education Law section (or attorneys you find on your own) instead of continuing to wait for a reply. If your daughter has academic advisors who are sympathetic, it could be worthwhile to reach out to them to discuss as well. It's possible a discussion with an advisor could make for a more meaningful and productive legal consult. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.