Q: please help layperson looking filings for appellets brief, appelle's brief and amicus. can you tell me where to look TY

example i am looking for a website or access to filings requesting appellets brief, appellee's brief amicus----example

commonweath v. Kareen johnson docket # 339,EAP 2018----- or commonwealth v. Rivera #601 MAL 2018. idont understand all this it is for my son's case. can you please direct me to proper place to obtain information?? are you able to send answer for info. on websites to help me?please note i am not an lawyer i am a layperson THANK YOU

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: You have courage to undertake such a difficult project. There are very knowledgeable Pennsylvania criminal defense - appeal attorneys here who are really the ones with insight into this, and they could give the best direction. But your post remains open for four days, and some law offices might be away on summer vacation, and the clock is ticking. What you describe is difficult for experienced attorneys - and you clearly want to do the best for your son. Did you consider contacting the Pennsylvania Bar Association? https://www.pabar.org/site/Probono-Services. They have a Pro Bono Hotline at 800-932-0311, ext. 2572. (volunteer attorneys). If they are not able to help, ask them if they could direct you to other organizations or resources. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.