Asked in Consumer Law and Real Estate Law

Q: Hello, I need help with a timeshare co. that has ruined my credit, falsely reporting late payments and wont let me out!

I entered into a timeshare with Wyndam in 2018, I requested a hardship exit in 2019 and was granted. I was auto paying the mortgage, they stopped it when the hardship was granted and told me it would be sold within 30 days and I would be released from the contract. This was in Sept. 2019. Jan 2020 they started reporting late payments on my credit report. I called and they stated they will have them removed. June 2020 the rep told me that everything was on schedule, the late payments were being removed and the contract was sold. July 2020, I have an update on my credit report where they have reported late payment again, and no word on if the contract was sold. Today, I am unable to get thru to the rep (Alonzo) that is supposedly fix this nightmare. I want to sue them for all this! Can you Help? I have lost the ability to purchase a home, car, or anything on credit, I have been stressed out about this and feel there is no way out. Please Help!!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hales
Michael Hales
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Rexburg, ID

A: I've helped with a few of these. Here are some ideas to discuss with your attorney. First, your attorney should speak with their legal department. They can usually take care of these things fairly quickly. Second, if the timeshare company continues to drag their feet with this, you can dispute the credit reporting with the credit bureaus directly. Good luck and please let me know if you have more questions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.