Asked in Animal / Dog Law for Mississippi

Q: I need help in getting a vet malpractice suit strted

i have lots of details and one main one is the vet being under the influence

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristina M. Bergsten
Kristina M. Bergsten
  • Animal & Dog Law Lawyer
  • Media, PA

A: In most states, you need what it called a "certificate of merit" to file a malpractice claim. Depending on the local rules, you can get it after you file the complaint, but there is a specific deadline by which you must file the certificate of merit. The certificate of merit requires certification from a veterinarian that you have a basis for a malpractice claim. A local animal attorney could help you out. You might want to try contacting Joey's legacy on Facebook to see if they can help you find a local animal attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.