Corning, NY asked in Criminal Law for New York

Q: I need advice please

I've been accused of 7 charges, false written statement, 3 counts criminal mischief ,1 with intent to damage property, arson, desecration of a cemetery, criminal mischief: hate crime i need advice I have both of the statements mine and the other person involved, i did not commit any of these crimes, with my mental health state, I don't think I can take prison time, so I went on the run they caught me about a week ago and released me on ptr because of the bail reform

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Arbeit
Michael Arbeit
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Freeport, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You need to immediately consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney for proper representation. What county are the charges pending in? Call me to discuss further (516) 766-1878.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.