Tucson, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: If I violated Probation and am upsconded would now be a good time to turn myself in?

I upsconded about a yr ago and have a felony warrant. No dangerous non repetitive. With the COVID-19 They don't seem to be keeping people in jail. So would this be an idea time to surender?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stewart Salwin
Stewart Salwin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Now would probably be a better time than any other that I can think of. The court system is trying to keep people out of jail at the moment, and therefore they may be more likely to reinstate you on probation than to revoke it. Of course, that is assuming all other things being equal. More information would be needed to give you an assessment, but a defense attorney can file a motion to quash your outstanding warrant and get a probation violation hearing set telephonically. Its certainly worth discussing with an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.