Spring Hill, FL asked in Bankruptcy for Florida

Q: My husband and I filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in jan, and it was discharged in May

we own a home in Florida and of course plan on keeping it. I noticed my mortgage company stopped reporting on my credit, and it also appears my lawyer never reaffirmed the house as the mortgage company advised me when I called them, although my lawyers office told me to call the bank and they do it, I knew that was incorrect information. How can I have the mortgage company start reporting again to the credit bureaus as its the only good thing I had on my credit and of course want to build it back up. I have the trustees email so I am wondering if I can write to her, what are my options please?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sherri B. Simpson
Sherri B. Simpson
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Sunrise, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Depending on the district you are in, you may be able to reopen the bankruptcy case, vacate the discharge for purposes of filing the reaffirmation agreement, file the reaffirmation agreement and obtain the order and have the discharge reissued and the case closed. We can do that in the Southern District of Florida.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.