Orlando, FL asked in Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: have four properties on my name and my exboyfriends name. what can i do to get my part. or to keep at liease one of them

my ex refuses to let me in one of the properties we both own. what can i do legally to make him understand that the title in on both names and i am an owner as much as he is. we are not married. have been together for over 25 years.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Stephen K. Hachey
Stephen K. Hachey
  • Tampa, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Partition lawsuit would be one option.

Anthony M. Avery agrees with this answer

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: An Action for Partition is probably the only recourse unless any of them are mortgaged and have little equity. But first a competent lawyer should search all four titles as you may not be correct on all or some of them. And there may be other problems or alternatives.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.