Brookline, MA asked in Car Accidents for New Hampshire

Q: I was uninsured in an auto accident (nh) chain reaction crash I hit the person in front of me at 5 mph need help

The only damage to the rear of her car was a scratch on the bumper - she hit the person in front of her hard enough to total her car. I have pictures at time of accident to prove so. They are trying to bill me $6000 for her totaled car. The police report states I pushed her into the car in front of her causing that damage which is false (not even a dent on her rear bumper cover) what can I do they are trying to take my license for non payment. I'm more than willing to pay what I owe but there is no physical way I hit her hard enough to have to buy her a new car (I was safe distance back unfortunately my tires were not the best at the time and even with breaks locked up I tapped her) what can I do I need help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A New Hampshire attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It could be a tough situation without video evidence or eyewitness testimony. You could look into whether a local attorney could offer a brief consult to determine the best course of action - if they see any valid issues to raise, if they see negotiation as more cost-effective, or if they see other courses of action. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.