Mesa, AZ asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Arizona

Q: If you have 50/50 no child support each parent pays for the clothing, food, shelter while the child is in their care,

Can The other parent try to take the father to court if the father marries a new partner with children? I was never married to my sons mother, now I am getting married and she is saying she will take me to court for child support if I do. My soon to be wife does make good money but she also supports her children by herself (no income from the father of the daughters)

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter W Davis
Peter W Davis
  • Mesa, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Child support can be established at any time the parties are living apart. It can also be modified at anytime upon a showing of substantial and continuing change in circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.