Scottsdale, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: i called police on boyfriend lied to them now boyfriend in custody with charges pending cant afford 7500 need lawyer

how do i fix this this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Josephine Pesaresi Hallam
Josephine Pesaresi Hallam
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Call the detective working on the case, or the victims advocate office at the county attorneys office, and tell them that you were not telling the truth.

Give the detective a new statement. And contact your boyfriends attorney. There are victims rights in Arizona, so you will have to waive your right to not speak to the defendants attorney. So tell the defense attorney you are waiving your rights and you would like to speak to him or her regarding your recantation.

I hope that helps! Best of luck

Josephine Pesaresi Hallam

Hallam Law Group

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.