Milford, MA asked in Personal Injury for Massachusetts

Q: Last March, I slipped on a metal plate and hurt my hips and back, can I get damages?

I went to physical therapy for quite awhile and also to Pain Management for cortisone and a nerve blocker. The pain has gone from horribly sharp to an ache, which is worse when I am tired, however now it affects my left side as well as my right. Because of it, the things I love to do, such as biking and walking, are draining. I can still do them, but, due to the slip, they are way less enjoyable. I don't know who owns the metal plate, probably a company or town unfortunately due to SOL. It happened in a North shore town, but I have since moved to Worcester county. Thanks.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Massachusetts attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. It sounds like you sustained damages, but the other element that needs to be determined here is whether your injuries are attributable to the negligence of another party. You could contact Massachusetts injury attorneys to discuss further. If an attorney sees a basis for a viable case, they could investigate the accident. Attorneys who handle these types of cases often give free initial consults. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.