Gastonia, NC asked in Personal Injury for North Carolina

Q: I fell through a vent in the floor of my rental property

I had put in several work orders for them to be replaced because they were old rusted, and had missing pieces. Well I fell through the vent in had to go to the hospital which further injured and injury I already had. I reported this to them and nothing was done and I didn't know what steps to take. I was put in a boot and on crutches.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Granowsky
Richard Granowsky
  • Greensboro, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: So sorry this happened to you! These types of cases can be surprisingly difficult under North Carolina law. Whether or not there is a remedy available to you at law is very fact specific. You should seek a consultation from an experienced personal injury lawyer to review the facts of your case in detail. Many personal injury lawyers will provide a free initial consultation. Best regards. Richard

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.