Laveen, AZ asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Arizona

Q: The other parent is trying to say I need to drop of my child at her house for school because she feels

He wouldn’t get the help here can she do that

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Branum
Mike Branum
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: These are unprecedented times. We have never seen school closures like this before. My best advice is to try to peacefully resolve this. You, your ex, your son: you all have a lot more stress in your daily lives due to the panic over this virus. Why add to it? You should both be engaged in his education. If he is remote learning, he can remote learn with you both. Don't let this be another source of tension. Think of the time out of school as a gift to both of you and try to share it, not fight over it.

Legally, there is no way answer. If the two of you cannot get along, someone files a request with the court to modify your agreement. If you're lucky, you might get a 2021 court date. Life is short. Choose how you spend your time wisely.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.