Jacksonville, FL asked in Bankruptcy for Indiana

Q: The trusteee objects to my claiming 100% of FMV on my tenancy by entirety home and wants to sieze $2900 in FPUC funds

I am Pro se. In Sched A/B on some items I claimed 100% of FMV instead of an specific amount. The trustee has moved to invalidate Schedules A/B and C which also has a tennency by the entirety exemption. Also I claimed a tangible wildcard exemption on $3000 in bank accounts and not the $400 intangible limit. $2900 of balance is from Indiana FPUC direct deposits as demonstarted by bank statements over the last 60 days. The trustee is trying to pay this to creditors. I have been spending it to support the household.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Pensacola, FL

A: Now is the time for you to get a lawyer!

The trustee's objections are probably not well founded, but the law is tricky and something about which you appear to be initiated. Tenants by the entireties is a proper exemption if the underlying facts are there. You need a proper analysis.

Good Luck


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.