Boston, MA asked in Immigration Law for Massachusetts

Q: Hi, my husband case got approved from the Visa Center I'm just waiting for his interview at the US Embassy in Haiti.

The Embassy is now closed, I'm having surgery on my right arm and I don't have anyone to care for me after my surgery. I have three kids but they're too young to care for me. I wanted to ask is there anyway I can write a letter to the U.S. Embassy in Haiti with my doctor's note will they grant my husband a visa to come when I'm having my surgery? Will they consider my surgery as an emergency because it is. Can' barely do anything with my right arm, over the weekend I was having a hard time reversing the car because I had to put my right arm on the driver seat it hurt so much. I'm meeting with my surgeon this Friday coming up I was going to have her write me a letter to send to the U.S. Embassy in Haiti but not sure if it might work or not, that's why I wanted to get an opinion. I went on the Embassy website to see if surgery would consider an emergency it wasn't up there. They have death, and also it says medical I think but what kind of medical? Please let me know what should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mario Musil
Mario Musil
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Portland, OR

A: You or your lawyer can write an expedite request to the NVC to see if they can schedule an appointment based on your medical need.

Good luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.