Grand Island, NE asked in Probate for Nebraska

Q: Mom passed away, I would like to buy her home. sibling is the Estate PR will not sell me the house. What can I do

Sibling is lying to the lawyer saying she is making it possible for me to go into the house. This is not true. My siblings have made it impossible for me to go into the house. My daughter is also interested in purchasing the home PR will not respond to request

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James Polack
James Polack
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: You need to contact the judge in the probate court, if the case is in probate court, preferably with a lawyer.

If its not in probate court you need to get a lawyer and see it it could be brought to probate court.

The factual and legal possibilities are too broad to be more specific in this setting, but you definitely need to find a lawyer in your county with all due haste and get moving before any court deadlines or other deadlines or issues permanently pass you by !!!

Julie Fowler agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.