Bronx, NY asked in Traffic Tickets for Virginia

Q: What’s the best step to remove or reduce my citation/points? I was pulled over for speeding 77/50... please help! Thank

The Officer pulled me over 77/50 in Fairfax County in 3 lane Parkway but he told me that he did not mark me as “Reckless” And he put general traffic ticket instead. I have a good driving record. What’s the best way to remove or reduce my citation? Show up in the court and explain my part? Thanks!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shemeka C Hankins
Shemeka C Hankins
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Virginia Beach, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: More than likely it would be best for you to take a driving course online. One it may convince the judge you are taking this seriously and want to commit to better driving habits. May convince them to reduce it to an even lower speeding. Two, taking a class that is not ordered by the court has a better chance of adding positive points to your license to cancel out any potential demerits.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.