Morganton, NC asked in DUI / DWI for North Carolina

Q: It's been almost 7 years since I received a DUI what do I have to do to get my license back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kristen Dewar
Kristen Dewar
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Concord, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: I recommend ordering a copy of your NC driving record, and setting up a consult with an experienced DWI attorney to review the record and see if you've complied with all of the requirements of your DWI conviction. Typically, to get reinstated after a DWI conviction, you must (1) obtain a DWI assessment from an authorized provider, (2) complete all recommended treatment, and (3) pay a reinstatement fee.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.